Ultimate security - Derek Prince

Quote from the book, "Ultimate Security."

The LORD is my shepherd, I shall lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside quiet waters, He restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for His name’s sake. Even though I walk through the valley
of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. (Psalm 23:1–4)

The first verse expresses everything that needs to be said about security, and it is based upon a personal relationship with the Lord: “The LORD is my shepherd, I shall lack nothing.”
Everything I will ever need in time or eternity will be supplied out of that relationship. David continued, “The LORD…makes me lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside quiet waters, He restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for His name’s sake.”

In essence, once we make a commitment to the Lord, God accepts total responsibility for us in every situation and circumstance “for His name’s sake.” He does not do it because of our goodness or because we deserve His care. He gives us total security because He is faithful to His name. For the glory and honor of His name, He will keep His covenant and His commitment to us.

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts