"You matter to God" - Derek Prince

Quote from the book, "You Matter to God."

Let’s take the example of David, through his spirit, exhorting his soul. We read of him doing so in Psalm 42. You will notice that David is speaking to his soul. This is not his soul speaking; it is
his spirit speaking to his soul. The God-related part of him is speaking to the self-centered part of him.

Why are you in despair, O my soul? And why have you become
disturbed within me? Hope in God, for I shall yet praise Him, the help of my countenance and my God. (Psalm 42:11, NASB)

We see from this that the soul is moody. It is changeable, because it is related to itself and to the outside world. But the spirit that is related to God is not moody. It is not changeable. David is obviously in a mood, possibly a mood of despair. But his spirit says to his soul, “Come on, now. Shake yourself. It’s time to praise the Lord. Don’t give way to those moods.”

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts